Man, 18, is arrested for attempted murder after two women were stabbed and a teenage girl was threatened with a knife in a terrifying rampage near the Cutty Sark in Greenwich
- Police first called to a home in Greenwich, London at around 3.30pm yesterday
- Officers found woman in 40s suffering from non-life-threatening stab wounds
- Moments later officers sent to nearby street where another woman was stabbed
- Then Metropolitan Police sent to reports of man threatening a girl at Cutty Sark
- The 18-year-old was tasered and arrested and is thought to be known to victims
A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after two women were stabbed and a girl threatened with a knife during a terrifying rampage near a top London tourist attraction.
The man, aged 18, was tasered by police at the Cutty Sark in Greenwich, south-east London at around 3.30pm yesterday.
All three victims are thought to be known to the suspect, whose attack is not being treated as terror related. He was taken to hospital after his arrest.
The man, aged 18, was tasered by police at the Cutty Sark (pictured in the distance) in Greenwich, south-east London at around 3.30pm yesterday (pictured, police at the scene)
Police were initially called to a home on Norman Road, Greenwich following reports of a stabbing, where a woman in her 40s was found with slash wounds.
She was treated by London Ambulance Service. Her injuries are not thought to be life-threatening or life-changing.
Just moments later, the Metropolitan Police was called to nearby Thornham Street to a report that a woman had been stabbed.
The victim was taken to a hospital with a slash wound but is not believed to have sustained life changing or life threatening injuries.
And then shortly afterwards, police received a report of a man threatening a teenage girl with a knife at the Cutty Sark – a popular tourist attraction on the banks of the River Thames. The teenager did not suffer any injuries.
Police were initially called to a home on Norman Road, Greenwich (pictured) following reports of a stabbing, where a woman in her 40s was found with slash wounds
Just moments later, the Metropolitan Police was called to nearby Thornham Street (pictured) to a report that a woman had been stabbed
A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said: ‘Officers attended and arrested a man, aged 18, on suspicion of attempted murder and possession of an offensive weapon.
‘He was tasered during the arrest. He was taken to hospital as a precaution where he remains.
‘It is believed the suspect and victims were known to each other. The incident is not being treated as terror-related.’
The incident came just a day after a teenager died after being stabbed to death in broad daylight on the streets of London – in the capital’s 91st murder so far this year.
The Metropolitan Police were called to the Chadd Green estate in Newham, East London, at around 3.30pm on Monday to reports of a critically injured man.
Officers, who attended with London Ambulance Service, found the man suffering from stab injuries in the street. He was pronounced dead at the scene an hour later.
The victim, who has not been named, was the fourth teenager to have been stabbed to death in London, in the last 15 days.
He is the eigthteenth teenager to be murdered in London this year, 17 of whom were fatally stabbed, in yet another sad example of Wild West Britain’s knife epidemic.
- Jan 1: Charlotte Huggins, 32, Camberwell
- Jan 1: Tudor Simionov, 33, Mayfair
- Jan 4: Simbiso Aretha Moula, 39, Rainham
- Jan 6: Sarah Ashraf, 35, Isle of Dogs
- Jan 7: Jayden Moody, 14, Waltham Forest
- Jan 11: Asma Begum, 31, Canning Town
- Jan 27: Kamil Malysz, 34, Acton
- Jan 29: Nedim Bilgin, 17, Islington
- Feb 4: Carl Thorpe, 46, Highgate
- Feb 5: Lejean Richards, 19, Battersea
- Feb 10: Dennis Anderson, 39, East Dulwich
- Feb 18: Bright Akinlele, 22, Camden
- Feb 19: Brian Wieland, 69, Chingford
- Feb 21: Glendon Spence, 23, Brixton
- Feb 22: Kamali Gabbidon-Lynck, 19, Wood Green
- Feb 25: David Lopez-Fernandez, 38, Tower Hamlets
- Feb 26: Che Morrison, 20, Ilford
- Mar 1: Jodie Chesney, 17, Harold Hill
- Mar 2: Elize Linda Stevens, 50, Hendon
- Mar 2: Jolia Bogdan, 3 months, Croydon
- Mar 3: Unnamed man, 37, Soho
- Mar 6: Laureline Garcia-Bertaux, 34, Kew
- Mar 6: David Martinez, 26, Leyton
- Mar 7: Antoinette Donnegan, 52, Battersea
- Mar 7: Ayub Hassan, 17, West Kensington
- Mar 16: Nathaniel Armstrong, 29, Fulham
- Mar 22: Abdirashid Mohamoud, 17, Isleworth
- Mar 24: Ravi Katharkamar, 54, Pinner
- Mar 27: Ramane Richard Wiggan, 25, West Norwood
- Mar 28: Zahir Visiter, 25, Regents Park
- Mar 29: Gavin Garraway, 40, Clapham
- Apr 1: Calvin Bungisa, 22, Kentish Town
- Apr 2: Hubert Hall, 60, Walthamstow
- Apr 7: Annabelle Lancaster, 22, Enfield
- Apr 8: Noore Bashir Salad, 22, Manor Park
- Apr 16: Gopinath Kasivisuwanathan, 27, Wembley
- Apr 17: Steven Brown, 47, Stoke Newington
- Apr 23: Meshak Williams, 21, Harlesden
- Apr 26: Mihrican Mustafa, 38, Canning Town
- Apr 26: Henriett Szucs, 34, Canning Town
- Apr 26: Amy Parsons, 35, Whitechapel
- Apr 26: Joshua White, 29, Hackney
- May 1: Tashaun Aird, 15, Hackney
- May 5: Constantin Sin, 51, Leytonstone
- May 5: Junior Urugbezi-Edwards, 18, Southwark
- May 7: Mohammed Shah Subhani, Hounslow
- May 11: Erik San-Filippo, 23, Islington
- May 16: Barrington Davis, 54, Lewisham
- May 23: Vladimir Koudriavtsev, 69, Kensington
- May 23: Tatiana Koudriavtsev, 68, Kensington
- May 25: Iderval da Silva, 46, Battersea
- May 26: Alimal Islam, 23, Tower Hamlets
- May 28: Ismail Ceesay, 33, Forest Gate
- May 30: Steven Kennedy, 61, Plaistow Park
- May 30: Graham Howe, 53, Harrow
- June 1: Baris Kucuk, 33, Haringey
- June 4: Adrian Murphy, 43, Battersea
- June 14: Cheyon Evans, 18, Wandsworth
- June 14: Eniola Aluko, 19, Plumstead
- June 15: Gleb Stanislavovitch Zhebrovsky, 34, Tower Hamlets
- June 15: Giedrius Juskauskas, 42, Stratford
- June 18: David Bello-Monerville, 38, Barnet
- June 21: Edward Simpson, 25, Feltham
- June 26: Yusuf Mohamed, 18, Uxbridge
- June 29: Kellymary Fauvrelle, 26, Croydon
- June 29: Riley Fauvrelle, 5 days, Croydon
- June 28: Ian Taylor, 54, Lambeth
- June 29: Man, 28, Newham
- Gary Blagrove, 44, Fulham
- June 30: Amara Toure, 18, Southwark
- July 3: Tesfa Campbell, 40, Wandsworth
- July 5: Craig Small, 32, Wembley
- July 5: Amanda Gretton, 57, Blackheath
- July 7: Grineo Daka, 27, Leyton
- July 8: Kwasi Mensah-Ababio, 26, Wembley
- July 10: Leo Marcus, 22, Kidbrooke
- July 11: Kye Manning, 19, Croydon
- July 12: Akbar Arezo, 64, Whitton
- July 12: Layla Arezo, 74, Whitton
- Aron Kato, 28, Ilford
- Diane Ryer, 61, Beckenham
- Abdullahi Hassan, 20, South Hampstead
- Robert Komuro, 41, Hillingdon
- Liam Dent, 25, Chessington
- Siddique Kamara, 23, Camberwell
- Alciveadis Mauredis, 60, Islington
- Dorothy Woolmer, 89, Tottenham
- Alex Smith, 16, Camden
- Solomon Small, 18, Lambeth
- Allan Isichei, 69, Southall
- Man, 18, Newham